The AI Revolution in Medicine: GPT-4 and Beyond 1st Edition
AI is about to transform medicine. Here’s what you need to know right now.
”The development of AI is as fundamental as the creation of the personal computer. It will change the way people work, learn, and communicate–and transform healthcare. But it must be managed carefully to ensure its benefits outweigh the risks. I’m encouraged to see this early exploration of the opportunities and responsibilities of AI in medicine.”
Just months ago, millions of people were stunned by ChatGPT’s amazing abilities — and its bizarre hallucinations. But that was 2022. GPT-4 is now here: smarter, more accurate, with deeper technical knowledge. GPT-4 and its competitors and followers are on the verge of transforming medicine. But with lives on the line, you need to understand these technologies — stat.
What can they do? What can’t they do — yet? What shouldn’t they ever do? To decide, experience the cutting edge for yourself. Join three insiders who’ve had months of early access to GPT-4 as they reveal its momentous potential — to improve diagnoses, summarize patient visits, streamline processes, accelerate research, and much more. You’ll see real GPT-4 dialogues — unrehearsed and unfiltered, brilliant and blundering alike — all annotated with invaluable context, candid commentary, real risk insights, and up-to-the-minute takeaways.
- Preview a day in the life of a doctor with a true AI assistant.
- See how AI can enhance doctor-patient encounters at the bedside and beyond.
- Learn how modern AI works, why it can fail, and how it can be tested to earn trust.
- Empower patients: improve access and equity, fill gaps in care, and support behavior change.
- Ask better questions and get better answers with “prompt engineering.”
- Leverage AI to cut waste, uncover fraud, streamline reimbursement, and lower costs.
- Optimize clinical trials and accelerate cures with AI as a research collaborator.
- Find the right guardrails and gain crucial insights for regulators and policymakers.
- Sketch possible futures: What dreams may come next?
There has never been technology like this. Whether you’re a physician, patient, healthcare leader, payer, policymaker, or investor, AI will profoundly impact you — and it might make the difference between life or death. Be informed, be ready, and take charge — with this book.