Shop Drawings for Craftsman Interiors: Cabinets, Moldings & Built-Ins for Every Room in the Home (Fox Chapel Publishing) Advice & Details Developed from Original Gustav Stickley Architectural Designs
Everyone loves the beauty and serenity of Stickley Craftsman interiors! This book includes:
- Moldings and trim: crowns, baseboards, chair rail, door and window casing, picture rail, beams, wainscot
- Doors and windows: exterior doors, passage doors, doors with lights, French doors, vee-groove and ledger doors, casement windows
- Kitchens: original cabinets adapted to modern standard dimensions, kitchen dresser, pass-through cabinet, frameless cabinets, kitchen nook
- Built-Ins: china cabinets, sideboard, room divider, bookcases, wall paneling with cabinetry
- Bed and bath: closet with seat, medicine cabinets, his-and-hers cabinet.
- Fireplace, mantel & stairs: fire surrounds, paneled nooks with seats, fireplace with entertainment center, newels, balusters, tread-and-riser details
This is the first and only comprehensive book of shop drawings for woodworkers, carpenters, decorators, and homeowners who wish to create or renovate interiors in the Craftsman style.
Everyone loves the Craftsman style: Serene interiors featuring perfectly proportioned furniture, woodwork, and built-ins. Inside Shop Drawings for Craftsman Interiors, you’ll find complete working shop drawings for Craftsman interiors developed from original Gustav Stickley architectural designs.
The introductory texts focus on design, materials, construction, installation, and finishing. Fully dimensioned construction drawings show builders everything you need to reproduce and install these interiors. Featured projects include a perspective view along with elevations, sections, and details.
This comprehensive book is for decorators, homeowners, carpenters, and woodworkers who wish to create interiors of the iconic Craftsman movement. You’ll learn to repair or replace Craftsman or Craftsman-style designs in homes, cottages, or bungalows. Shop Drawings for Craftsman Interiors gives the architect, interior designer, builder, woodworker, and furniture maker the heart of the Craftsman aesthetic in an attractive, practical, and durable format.
Inside, find perspective views plus detailed, fully dimensioned construction drawings for:
- Original Craftsman-style kitchen cabinets
- Kitchens for modern appliances
- Bedroom closets and window seats
- His-and-hers bathroom cabinets
- Doors, casement windows
- Casings, baseboard, door and window trim
- Crown molding, picture rail, chair rail
- Wall paneling, wainscoting, beams
- Dining-room pass-throughs
- Built-in cabinets, bookcases, sideboards
- Living-room cabinets for home-theater gear
- Window and stairwell seats
- Staircase detailing and trim
- Fireplace surrounds and cozy nooks